View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrro13 View Post
it mostly comes down to luck in identifying what is the Trigger that causes the inflammation so a complete lifestyle change may be needed even then we probably wont know the exact trigger since it may be a combination of many irritants at once and the same applies to supplements, which one is it? or is it a bit of each.
I think a systematic approach can take most of the luck out of it.

I've been on two lifestyle change diets: the SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) for IBDs (Inflammatory Bowel Diseases) and the Intractable Pain Diet. Both effectively removed all the triggers, and by slow experimentation, things can be tried/added back in one at a time, or identified as triggers and avoided like allergens.

The same method works with supplements, adding only one at a time. If, after a reasonable time, there's an improvement, keep it; if not, stop it and try another.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zorrro13 (01-22-2012)