View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am taking a multi-vitamin, a calcium supplement (as I am on prednizone - 5mg), and a B-complex (100) with C-500 that is time released. On that, I'm a little concerned about the B's being such a high percentage of daily requirements.

My challenge with nutrition is that I can't cook. I can't follow the steps to prepare a meal and if I walk away from the kitchen, I'll forget that I have something cooking. I now only use the microwave. I am having some food delivered from a diet program that makes fresh meals. I can't afford more than one prepared meal a day. I eat cereal, fruit, yogurt to make up the rest of my diet.

As far as stress goes, I can't drive, I'm off work completely as the job I have is dangerous and very physical. I live alone and have very few responsibilities at this time. At the same time, being a very active person, I am quite stressed out over this situation.

I have been going to a pool once or twice a week when I can get a ride. I am working on getting into a program that helps with transportation for people with disabilities so I can go to the pool more regularly.

The treating physician was suggesting that I ask the neurologist about these studies. I'm not convinced that he knew the whole story, which is why he suggested I ask the neurologist.

I see what you are saying about slowing the decline in AD patients, and that in PCS patients the brain is expected to improve, but I don't know anything about how some of the newer meds function and if they have multiple applications.
GillianGillian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote