View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up people assume and judge

just like the title says.even though ive been disabled since '91',i still let myself fall into guilt & shame. why,because if your disability cant be seen w/the naked eye upon sight,it cant be that bad,even seemingly well intentioned people say they understand,and then ask you something like'hey,i know someone who's hiring.now,if i had a leg missing or such,they would'nt do that.after so many years,you'd think society would be more informed about disabilities,the people who have them etc...if someone is jogging down the street and they are dressed well and clean appearance[me],why cant that bum work...ignorance!! raising my 13 yr. old by myself is what keeps me ALERT![OCD,ADHD,PTSD,MAJOR DEPRESSION,nervous breakdown in 91.eventually tried self medicating ,almost died of alcoholism[stay away from ism's]...i pray every day and try to remind myself,"dont quit 5 minutes before the miracle[which could be tomorrow ,next year or any moment now,one never knows.anyways,good to read your posts.yours truly,kennyjack.
kennyjack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote