View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

GG,

Don't worry about the B's being such a high percentage of RDA. Your brain is trying to heal. It needs the extra nutrition.

Your B100 Complex is getting you 100 mcgs of B-12. You will benefit from much more than that. A 500mcg or even 1000 mcg will be good. If you can get a blood test for your B-12, it will help you understand if your body is absorbing B-12 properly. Most do not. You want to have a level of about 1000 pcgm/mL. The 'normal' range 200 to 800 but the injured brain needs 1000mcgs.

You need some D3, 1000 IU's. You need magnesium to help the calcium work. Mag citrate is good. Your C500 is low. You could do with C500 twice a day. You can tell when your Vitamin C is up to a good dose. You urine will be a bright yellow. That means that your body is getting a bit more than it needs. I take 2000 mgs each day. Your body will tell you if you are taking to much. It will get the runs. But that usually takes 5000 mgs or more per day. 400 IU's of E will be good too.

Pork is a good source of BCAA's. A cheap pork roast can be slow cooked in a crock pot. Pour your favorite barbeque sauce over it, about 1/2 cup. Cook on medium for 6 hours. Then, pull it apart with a fork. You'll have pulled pork and gravy for a week of alternating meals.

A George Forman personal grill is also a good appliance for easy cooking. It will cook a hamburger patty quickly so there is not much time to forget. If you need, turn on a oven timers for 3 minutes. You can pre-cook hamburger patties to microwave later.

The animal protein is good for your brain.

Get any other tasks or distractions finished so you can just stay in the kitchen. Then, try to cook some meals in advance. Having pre-cooked meals means you have some to 'notice' in the refrigerator. Helps with the 'what should I eat' dilemma.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GillianGillian (01-22-2012)