View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cathie:
When you say fish oil, I believe you mean the Omega 3 oil, right? Alan can't take this because he is on plavix and aspirin and he bleeds enough as it is. I Fish oil is also a blood thinner (at least that's what I read). He used to take it every day but when he went on the plavix and aspirin he stopped the fish oil. He eats fish once in a while. (I live on it). His psoriasis is going nuts on his arms. Yesterday he started yelping "i'm bleeding on my elbow). He had scratched the lesions, he tore some of the scales, and it bled. Of course, eventually it stopped but since the IVIG, he has had outbreaks. I have no idea why. Some of the lesions went away on other parts of his body and erupted on yet another part of his body. And since he shaves his head, (he likes it because he has thinning hair, and it's simple to keep), I noticed a thing on the top of his scalp the other day. I said to myself, "jeez, don't tell me he's getting psoriasis on the top of his head so everybody can see it". I immediately put some vitamin e oil on it. It has since disappeared.

Sometimes when you put some psoriasis meds on, he says they burn. So I would never put it behind his ear. The vitamin e seems to help a lot. Today, I'm going to buy acquaphor. That is gentle.

bye for now and thanks.
melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote