View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Di, bizi and Donna. I truly appreciate your support.

I was going to come on and post about the first anniversary, but I changed my mind. Actually, the week leading up to the 18th was worse than the actual day for some reason. My thoughts kept returning to that day, the most vivid memory is of speaking to Andrea only half an hour before her death, and then opening my bedroom door to incredible flames and smoke when I woke and realized there was no electricity. I also remember the horrible sound of breaking glass.

On the actual anniversary, my DH and I went to see my daughter's best fried. We are in touch often, and she calls us 'mom and dad'. We went out to lunch and had a lovely time. We enjoyed talking about her generosity and her trusting, big heart.

Now, we have Andrea's birthday coming up on Tuesday. In a way, I guess it's good to get both dates over with and done within a week of each other. Last year on her birthday, my son, d-i-l and I were at the Funeral Home signing the cremation forms .

Thanks again for thinking of me! I agree with you, Di, that having the support of this forum has really helped, and I thank you all so very much.

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-22-2012), DiMarie (01-22-2012), DMACK (01-23-2012), Dmom3005 (01-22-2012), Mari (01-22-2012), mymorgy (01-23-2012), waves (01-22-2012)