View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had an EMG, nerve conduction study, CT scan and vascular ultrasound. Those tests all came back normal. I've been to two physical therapists, both concluded they were unable to assist me.

My symptoms are mostly strength based. The muscles in my left hand and arm are quite atrophied and my right side is quickly catching up. I do get pain and aching, but it doesn't seem nerve-based.

I've been seeing one the top surgeon in the north east, Dr. Donahue, at Mass General in Boston. He said that there is no one test that can confirm a TOS diagnosis, and he will never be able to 100% guarantee that is my condition. Unfortunately, he feels that bilateral surgeries are my only option left.

My point being is that apparently even though tests come out normal, it would not automatically rule out a specific diagnosis.

I know you are in NC...have you tried seeking out anyone at Wake Forest's Baptist Medical Center or at Duke University's hospital in Durham? I lived in NC for four years and those are the two primary med centers I am aware of. I'd also check out the sticky list of doctors on this board for ideas.

Cardiothoracic Surgeons at Baptist Med

Hang in there!
ladylaura418 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote