Thread: Moving forward
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Moving forward

Past several weeks have been crazy. MIL who lived with us died on Christmas Eve. Sister got married New Year's Eve. Flew to the other side of the country for MIL's memorial.

Also had neuropsych evals right in the middle of all that, had several meltdowns at work, and employer finally decided to give me a medical termination.

The neuropsych eval shows that cognitive functions are generally intact but very slow, he thinks due to pain from post-concussion headaches complicated by depression and anxiety (which have been considerably worse since the concussion).

I'm in the middle of reams of application paperwork right now for SSDI, unemployment, whatever.

Don't really have questions or advice, but just wanted to pop in and let everybody know how I'm doing. This board has been SUCH an amazing source of information and support for me. Thank you all for being there.

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katie71083 (01-23-2012), Klaus (01-23-2012), SpaceCadet (01-22-2012), tamisue (01-22-2012), Twinkletoes (01-22-2012)