View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, I can only speak for ME here...

in that AS LONG AS I CAN FEEL anything! ANYTHING! That has to be one heck of a good thing.
The first and second times I'd had nerve conduction tests, well, I was set up, almost feel asleep on the table [tho I was COLD] and found out it was all over? Not felt a thing then. Now when my podiatrist takes out the dremel tool and I FEEL it...well...to me HECK it's a good sign! Yes you mite 'over-react' you now have what I call 'fussy' nerves, but Chill. YOU CAN FEEL! It's when you can't feel that things have happened that you can get into trouble...sometimes BIG-TIME? I used to have THE most tickleish feed in the universe...IF I giggle at all while at the pod's at all, that's one really GOOD THING for the month! At least, in my book.

Alan is right, the 'stabbing' well that's like someone is taking hot nails and inserting them willy-nilly... It has to be an ultimate definition of HURTS...When I had my 'onset' or whatever it was...I really was wishing for amputation of my legs and hands...it HURT so bad- just so it would STOP. As for now, I get something akin to amputee's 'phantom pains' even tho I've got the limbs...Sometimes I'm able to 'feel' others not...tho none of it is NORMAL. I don't think I could define normal now...
As for diagnosing and 'fixing' it. You should know by now ...it's not that simple! I surely wish it was. In the meantime, your brain is humming, and your stress factor is peaking...well, who wouldnt? IT is a scary thing to have happen! David often advocates the 'mental approach' it can help. YOu have to turn off your stressors! Me? I shut down and sleep. Not a bad option given lots of alternatives...ya know?
We are given what we have, we have to deal with it as creatively as possible and BE our own advocates as best we can. Melody, at least you have good, contiencious docs who care for you, and do it well... Face it, you are better off than 80% of the other posters here. Dont look your gift horses in the mouth...USE THEM! and plain old CHILL in the interim.

Untill - whatever... - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote