View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Abby, do you WANT it to be something else? OR are you worried that it IS something else -- if so, WHAT?

I guess you could look up disorders that respond to IVIG -- and then cross-reference them with "abnormal" SFEMGs and see what, if anything, shows up.

I think that as women, we second guess ourselves about a lot of "stuff". Are we pretty enough, thin enough, smart enough, interesting enough, good enough wives and mothers, good enough employees, and on and on. Is this worrying about your diagnosis somehow an extension of that type of insecurity?

I'm not trying to "psycho-analyze" you here or anything. I just hate for you to keep on worrying about it. Worry, as you know, isn't "our friend".

All I know FOR SURE is this. Your doctor says you have MG via an SFEMG. Your symptoms "fit" (and are becoming more "typical" with each passing day). At least one of the treatments has given you some improvement. So, to ME, that sounds like you HAVE MG.

Hoping that my post has not come across as harsh or insensitive -- but, as reassuring. As I've said before, sometimes I'm not so good with "words".