View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't see anything to correct.

Re: "neurologist I saw said it is anatomically impossible", anatomy can actually varies between people! For example, I read some case studies by a vascular MD who operated on several people who had dizziness caused by neck position. In addition to finding the occasional anomalous fibrous band, he found that some people had muscles in the neck that originated off a vertebra that was one higher or lower than normal. This made them more susceptible to compression of adjacent blood vessels.

I was thinking I might find where that doctor practiced and go visit him. Then I realized the paper was published in the 1960's.

We also know that some people have cervical ribs. And some people don't have a subclavius muscle. And so on.

While you're fighting your way through the medical system, two things that can help are to get religion about posture and about muscle relaxation. Also, see if propping up your shoulder girdle (by propping up your upper arms with say pillows) helps. Maybe we already covered that in this thread. Haven't checked; I'm tired. Good luck.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote