View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weight

Good for you.
I'd suggest that there aren't really any magic or quick fix supplements, drinks, pills etc. Great area for bogus claims.
From what I've gathered the only way is to make sure that your diet is nutritionally sound, so that what you eat is good not bad for you.
This is actually harder to do than you might think as the food industry, including recommended diets from the government, are biased towards making money and your health is not their concern.
Every wondered why maize is heavily subsidised, yet fruit and veg aren't?
You really need to do some reading from independent people. So many food tests are paid for my manufacturers that you can't really beleive anything in the media.
Have a look at the Weston Price Foundation.
It would be nice if we could just eat what we like and take a fat pill to control our weight-we'd all do that.
But you have to learn what foods and drinks are your enemies.
Start with soft drinks, sugar in any form, rice, pasta, bread, processed foods, most grains.
Get some allergy tests done if you can.
You must get the gut healthy first, then eat well on a daily basis, and never go on a short term diet-they always result in a weight gain.
Take it slowly, keep up the water. It's easy to lose weight if you stop drinking water, but you just become dehydrated.
Weight loss should be very gradual. Maintain a nutritious diet and don't starve yourself as you will become ill if you do.
Good luck. Slow and steady!!!

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote