View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

justsad,

I asked about NSAIDs in the chronic pain forum, but I didn't see a reply. Since the problem is being caused by arthritis swelling the area shut, and arthritis is inflammation, doing anything you can to reduce inflammation may help some.

Not just NSAIDs - they're hard on the system longterm (I use one only as needed - a couple times a week). There are anti-inflammation diets; you might be amazed how something you eat can effect inflammation either way. Some people also swear by herbals/supplements. I've seen accupuncture mentioned, and am considering that myself.

Rheumatologists are the specialty that deals with arthritis. I've been to one, and he wasn't much help, but he had certain constraints that another might not have - don't know.

Anyhow, the topics I'd pursue (google/research) are arthtitis and inflammation.

Best wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote