View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, that's just the info I was looking for. I did test negative for LEMS once, for what that's worth. I also haven't developed any cancers, in three years since I've had symptoms, so that seems very unlikely. As for ALS, on the whole, I would say I haven't gotten worse for a year and a half. I also have no muscle twitching or foot drop (I have had the sole of my foot scratched by many a doctor, I can tell you that!). After my next-to-last IVIg, I had six weeks with no symptoms at all. So, I am really confident that I don't have ALS either.

I asked my neuro about polymyositis once, and he said no, but I can't remember why.

The specter of congenital myasthenia never quite goes away for us seronegatives. But would be very unusual not to have symptoms until I was 43, and with such a large family of healthy people, it sure seems unlikely. I couldn't help noticing that one of my nephews seems to have a drooping eyelid in many of his photos (thanks, FaceBook!) but I am just barely wise enough not to say anything to my sister-in-law--unless of course she starts mentioning that he is having neurological symptoms! She mentions all of his medical stuff (thanks again, FaceBook) so I'm sure I'd hear.

Anyway, thanks so much for talking about this with me, Jana, and for the link. I feel a lot better.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote