View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is a lady in town who has polymyositis. She came to one of our garage sales. She also sees my MG guy. She showed me her legs -- YIKES!!! They were like WASTED away -- almost like a 100 year old person's -- and she is only like mid 50's. And her muscles "wobble" -- I've never seen anything like it. She also talked about having fevers all the time. NOT a "pretty" disease. AND she walked with a cane -- LEANED on a cane, I should say. She said she would be in a wheelchair within a year or two -- PERMANENTLY.

We have photos of my sister with a drooping eyelid, too. She has had the bloodwork -- negative. But, as Mike says, I think it is just a matter of time.

I'm glad that me talking with you makes you feel better. It is nice for ME to feel USEFUL!! My house is a TOTAL wreck -- LOL!! As a type-A, this is one thing I've had trouble getting adjusted to.............but, there ARE some things we just HAVE to "let go", right?!?!! I can still "counsel" sometimes -- if/when I make sense (LOL) -- but, I can't clean a bathtub for ANYTHING!!

In my "heart", I really think that EVENTUALLY, you will test positive OR that you have an antibody that they just haven't developed a test for, YET!