View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ann elizabeth...just having ....

gone thru the cancer thing last year [whew! whatta year?] and getting impants and all. I have to urge you to really ask yourdocs about all your tests to date..
I first urge you to check out www/neuroexam.com and see what all docs SHOULD check you out for..then www/Lizajane.org. from a member whos had multiple spinal, pn and possible auto-immune issues.

I for one, have an auto-immune neuropathy...probably caused by a pneumonia that had lasted for 2 months then 3+months after than had a sudden onset. Less than 2 years later, I was diagnosed with the 'easiest of BC's DCIS stage 1' got it early, was lucky. But, according to my surgeon, it could all be related... PM me for some details if you wish. All docs concede that the PN onset before the BC diagnoses might be related...there are tests that can be done...but...it really doesn't change how it all is treated and, no doc seems to be interested in persuing the issue. The whole thing gets well, plain old squirrelley! Small comfort? Maybe. Treatment, the right sorts, SHOULD BE your primary concern...the right docs, or other docs are also important it 'getting you' there.

Just know you have someone here, who's been thru all that...done that, has the tee-shirt...etc.?
Read the stickies above at the top of the 'page' and, before you suffer 'overload' pick out YOUR salient points and plain old ASK QUESTIONS! You will find a good group here...we all came by our PN's thru different routes but, I have never found a one who was stinting in generousity about sharing! That means a lot...for a lot!

Hugs in the meantime! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote