View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been reading up on polymyositis a bit. I don't have any pain, and no fevers. I see that after a while, polymyositis causes muscle wasting, as you say, and after three years, I don't notice any of that. Also, my first lab slip had those muscle enzyme tests--all normal. I also see that polymyositis is treated with immunosuppressants and IVIg, so even if that's what I have, I'm probably already being treated for it.

Yes, I sometimes think that I must have an antibody they don't know about yet. I know that the MuSK antibody has only been discovered fairly recently. Complicated things, those neuromuscular junctions!

My house is a mess, too, especially since my two college-age kids finished their Christmas break! They did all the cooking and dishes for the month they were home. Also, the week I had my IVIg, my daughter homeschooled her three little brothers for me. How lucky am I?

Cleaning brings on my MG symptoms. But at a certain point, the mess causes me so much stress that I'm better off cleaning. I do realize that not everyone has the luxury of choosing--if, for example, I was likely to set off a crisis by cleaning, then I'd just have to deal with the mess. I do have a sweet husband who is willing to help me, but he is already doing so much that I hate to ask him to do anything else.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote