View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tos

Hi my first time here I'm from South Africa Cape Town . I'm 45 was in an work related m v a in 2005 had a neck fusion c4 c5 in 2006 had ongoing PT for 2yrs. My neck could still not move around a lot ,lame weakness feeling in my left arm. When I would carry anything even a book I would get a pulling from my neck down my arm. The dr said operation successful but my body said otherwise. Then in 2008 I was rear ended at a traffic light and my symptoms got worst, I had a shoulder op after a year of PT. Then I got a frozen shoulder which was a nightmare every for almost 2yrs ,had a manipulation of the arm/shoulder under anesthesia and countless hrs of PT everyday for abt 3mnths. I would cry like a baby at these session. I was discharge eventually coz PT just did not help for me. In 2011 I was diagnosed with possible TOS. Every day living was hell when I had to get up for work. My morning would start like this, wake up @ 04h30 lay and recover in bed coz my head would be heavy at the back , neck would be stiff, fingers pins and needles. 05:30 I would eventually manage to get out of bed most of the time it would be with my husbands help. Then I would sit a while in an armchair. Now I would get ready for work. Some mornings I could not get done on my own and my husband or kids would assist me , this made me vey depressed ,getting to work would be another battle, public transport was horrific , coz it was a very bumpy ride. I would get to work eat and have a heap full of pain and muscle meds. Now I'm at home for 5mnths and life is much better if I don't overdo. My mindset is also much better although I have my off days but the antidepressants do help a lot and if you have a strong support. My pain,lame tired feeling in my arms, heavyness in my head pins and needles in my hands and the feeling of insects crawling in my arms is still here with me everyday my life is a little easier. We will see what my outcome is for disability in July 2012. Sorry I tried to give a short version of what I have. Hope to hear from you guys thanks