View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I was thinking about this. My doctor never said I was diagnosed with MG. He told me my symptoms were consistant with MG and to try Mestinon. The Mestinon helped wonderfully and I am now more stable with less ups and downs. My neuro agrees that I am stable and the severe double vision is gone so I should keep taking Mestinon.

Do I have MG? I'm pretty sure I do but for me what really matters is the treatments. Are the MG treatments helpings? For me they are, although I am far from normal at least I am no longer bedridden most of the time, for that I am thankful. Mestinon does help me but I need less of it all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I am slowly healing from something else with MG-like symptoms. Maybe I am just getting used to being weak all the time and think I am getting better, lol. At least I'm not getting worse.

Do you have MG? I think so, because your symptoms seem similar to other people here including me even though your symptoms aren't typical. What is MG? It seems to me that MG is caused by various things, much that is not well understood, and we are all grouped together because generally the treatments are the same for all of us. I think you fit into the MG family just as much as I do.

I wish more was known about the subcategories of MG. I wish more was known about MG in general. I wish more was understood about the creation of antibodies against the self. I wonder if there is a way to help our body stop making antibodies against us besides immunosupressants, there must be a way to strengthen the part of the immune system that makes sure we aren't attacking ourself. I've considered studying the immune system myself in detail, so I can understand better how it works. It seems to me that no one in the medical system is studying this in detail. I wish I could be of help somehow...

I think it is good to be researching other options and to keep questioning. Maybe one of us will help directly or indirectly discover new treatments or ways to prevent getting MG. I am glad you are asking questions.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (01-23-2012)