View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default electro stim

I was hospitalized with a G-I issue a year ago, and my primary care physician (bless her adventuresome heart) decided to try acupuncture after 6 days of i.v. steroids and antibiotics weren't helping. Two results: first, after putting in the needles, she hooked them up to a small electric current pulsing around 4-6 cycles per second. My tremor stopped immediately; secondly, she gave me another treatment the next day and my G-I problem cleared up entirely sparing me the surgery which was to take place if nothing else worked. I was, of course, delighted to be well again. But even more, I was fascinated, as someone very interested in audio, by the phenomenon of phase cancellation where two vibrations/waves of the same frequency but 180 degrees out of phase will negate or silence each other. It's the way those pricey Bose noise canceling headphones work. I'm not sure if this is similar to vibration therapy but there could be some overlap of principles here. Would be nice to be tremor free if it could be done with out walking around with needles sticking out. I'm happy to be a lab rat; not so sure about a lab porcupine.

Jon
aquario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote