View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

On sweet potatoes -- I just scrub them, cut off any blemishes, and bake them in the oven. But I tend to eat very simple foods, and many people would perhaps find my food a little less than exciting...

You can also slice pre-baked sweet potatoes and fry them gently, sprinkled with cinnamon.

A friend of mine suggested cutting them like home-fries and baking them in a really hot (475-degree) oven until they "puff" -- I haven't tried that yet.

--------

I'm curious about the paleo and primal diets, but I have a reservations. I tend toward more plant foods (high in anti-oxidants and phytochemicals) and away from high-protein animal foods. Partly, I intend to live longer than the (probable) 40-year lifespan of a prehistoric hunter-gatherer, so I think I ought to be watching out for late-life killers like heart disease -- which might, just might, suggest limiting those animal foods.

But what works for you is best! I certainly won't discourage you! As my health-educator beloved says, you will be healthier on almost ANY diet because you will pay attention to what you eat!
Don_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote