View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default better a roller coaster than one big downhill slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
This is a huge issue for me. I have tried all manner of things - equal doses (levodopa, mirapex, selegilene), three times a day, four times a day; full dose in the morning and half-doses more often in the day, all 3 drugs at once, or at 3 different times; with food, with liquid, empty stomach; before physical exercise, or after..
I keep running around like a chicken with its head cut off, roller coaster with no tracks under it. Fluctuations they call it. Of course it could be said i was always like that - PD amuses itself by taking hold of what you are and playing with it - and there is the question of emotion and creative energy causing what is left of my brain to crank out some home-grown levodopa, possibly underdose and overdose caused by fluctuating self-made drugs.
I am still thrashing around experimenting with doses - but i try different tactics weekly, and some people tell me you have to stick with one program for 3 months for your body to take the hint that this is how it is going to be and so your body had better get with the agenda.
I would love to get this straightened out, because this particular roller coaster has some down hills that are like free-fall, pulling up at the last minute, and then being flattened by the G-forces of changing directions again.
All suggestions are appreciated, but will be taken with a grain of salt (with the Tequilla)
Bob,

Sounds to me like you are wanting to stay connected to your body, mixed as the signals may seem to be. But life is cyclic and we have lost touch with that in a big way. Maybe the roller coaster ride is a better way to go if it is a reflection of your body responding to stimulus. (take for example spiking a fever when a virus takes hold...such a response is a ssignal of vital force = no fever would indicate immune weakness)
I have to wonder what happens when we attempt to take total control ignoring any ryhthym and go for the steady state.....i usually wait till sx return (le my body tell me) before ii take the next dose. aren't drugs rendered ineffective by oversaturating with them? having said thhis i also recognize that one can miss out on positive response by undermedicating.
we all find balance each in our own way-no hard and fast rules here for me other than keeping the dose to the minimum d i will say that this practice has lead me towards cutting from 3-4 tabs sinemet /day in the winter back to 2 in the summer-now i'm back to winter dosage sigh....

cheers
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 01-24-2012 at 01:12 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (01-24-2012)