View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi All:

I really did get scared last night because I have never had this happen. Remember back to when all of you had your first 'BUZZ, PINS AND NEEDLES THINGS"??? Well, last night all I could say to myself was "This is what the guys and gals on the board and my Alan have been going through??, ALL THE TIME??? wow, never knew it. And mine was just a taste. I do not want the whole recipe,believe me. That's why I'm doing all I can do to keep my sugar nice and even. But I have been diabetic for a long long time and only the past two years got it under control. I was stupid. I was told about the seriousness of diabetes but did I listen??? noooooo!!!! Kind of like telling people not to smoke when they are at a funeral for a friend who just died of lung cancer (I've been to so many of these I can't count) and when I go outside and see the people smoke I look at them incredously and they go "i know, I know, she died of lung cancer and I'm smoking, I know I know, BUT I CAN'T QUIT!!!

See, I knew about neuropathy just from living with Alan. But I was overweight and never took my diabetes seriously until I got into the protocol at Cornell. I and I figured that because my eye doctor said I had no evidence of diabetes in my eyes, and my dentist told me last year that I did not have diabetic gums (whatever the hell that is), I thought I had a pass.

Well, obviously no more passes.

I do however question the fact that some of you think that feeling ANYTHING!!! is better than being numb. Last night I had just a taste of what the buzzing, burning, etc. and I told myself. "Why the hell can't I just be numb?" It was not pleasant.

I did some reading on vitamins and that's where I'm deficient. That much I know. I have only been taking my B vitamins. Well I just came back from CVS and they some special diabetic vitamins on sale and it has all the vitamins plus Alpha Lipoic Acid and Chromium. Thirty to a bottle. So I bought a bottle. Got to start somewhere. If I see any improvement, then we shall see. I also bought some Super Blue emu (that used to help Alan tremendously).

See, I'm like a girl scout. "BE PREPARED". That's my motto!!!!

Alan's at the gym making like Rocky Balboa. Yesterday Dr. Baird says his feet are doing nicely. So that's good.

Alan thinks he has psoriatic arthritis. Why he thinks this, I have no idea.
His podiatrist said to him: "Alan, you have psoriatic toes, I don't know if you have psoriatic arthritis". How does a person know if they have psoriatic arthritis? Alan has arthritis, (like most of us 60 and over do) but is psoriatic arthritis something special (because he has psoriasis)???

thanks guys.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote