View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just curious what diagnostic tests your girlfriend has had so far. I have bilateral arterial and venous TOS (will be getting partial rib resections on both sides soon). I know Dr. F is outstanding, so I'm sure this isn't the case here, but I know an arteriogram and/or venogram yield much more detailed (and earlier) results than ultrasounds, so I'm wondering if Dr. F ordered these tests for her. I'm on the East coast in the Washington, DC metro area (also near Johns Hopkins), but I found a thoracic surgeon at George Washington University who does the surgery robotically-assisted. I feel that his experience and credentials actually exceed those of Dr. F, so I will be having my surgery with him. I see so many people getting surgery in either California or at Johns Hopkins. There is an outstanding TOS center at Barnes/Jewish-Washington University Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. Has anyone been there? Yes, I'm biased as it's my hometown, but it's a stellar hospital, and if I still lived in the Midwest, I would go there--just curious.
jmaxweg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote