View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 02:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--heat is the enemy of nerve function, though it may be soothing for muscular aches.

The MS people know this well--they are constantly trying to stay at cooler temperatures, and there are even cooling vests sold to keep the core body temperature a little lower on warm days.

I'm interested in the fact that your magnesium supplement has B6 in it--what are the levels? There are some people with metabolic issues involving B6 that get neuropathic symptoms at high B6 supplement levels--they may not be able to properly convert pyrodoxine (Mrs. D may chime in which a much more detailed analysis). It might be a good idea to try the magnesium without the B6 for a while.

I checked my magnesium supplement. It is called Malic Magnesium, and includes malic acid that's supposed to help you absorb the magnesium I think, plus it has 50mg - or 2500% of B6. I never took a whole dose, because I couldn't do it. But I did take at least half of that per day while I was trying it. Everytime I would try it, I would feel worse - especially anxiety-wise. Trembly. Plus other things would seem to get worse. So I always stopped after a couple of weeks.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote