View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need URGENT help.

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have updated all of you.. I thought for awhile that her pdoc had Bridgette moving in the right direction but in the past 30 days she has completely done a 180 degree turn for the worst. Her dr. re-evaluated her and said she was no longer bi-polar because she was not showing any "highs" just lows and that she was just severly depressed from years of physical and emotional abuse from her mother. They took her off her bipolar meds (lithium) and put her on medication for depression only. They weaned her off the lithium so she didn't go through withdrawls. It has been approx. 60 days that she hasn't been on any lithium at all. She has cut off all her hair, dyed it purple, dresses all in black, claims she is a lesbian now, has cut herself twice in 30 days and tried to commit suicide by taking a handful of medication. She was admitted to the local hospital for 48 hour watch and then released to us, we had an emergency meeting with her pdoc and her therapist the day after she was released from the hospital neither one felt that she was a harm to herself or others... WHAT?? She had tried to kill herself, how do they determine she isn't a threat to herself?? Yesterday she cut herself at school, her pdoc called and told my husband basically nothing except for us NOT to take her to inpatient and that she would have her therapist call us today.. What the hell???? I am worried because the next time she tries something on herself could be the last. I am currently waiting on a phone call from her therapist to see what she thinks we should do. I am totally in a foreign place that I have never been before. I ache for Bridgette to get the help she needs, I literally feel her confusion and pain. She no longer cares about school or herself and I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING!!!! I wonder if the diagnosis was right all along and she is bipolar, or possibly something else is going on.. I for once do not have a clue as to what to do.. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am currently searching for other places to take her because I feel her current pdoc doesn't have a clue as to what she is doing or what is going on with Bridgette.

Thanks,

Jen
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-24-2012)