View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Please be careful when you say a drug "shouldn't" be used. Many people with MG must and do use iodine agents as well as other drugs with absolutely no issues. There are just quite a few drugs that need to be used "with caution" or sometimes with some pre-medication for people with MG.

When one goes out to make a list of things to be avoided, you must be careful to balance the value of the drug in general with the possible complications of the individual. I guess what I'm saying is do your research when possible, so you and your doctor can make the best informed decision.

Looking back at my reboot, I had so many drugs it's unbelievable. IV ativan for nausea, which caused no issues at all for me. OTOH, IV magnesium, which HAD to be given due to a huge imbalance, caused MAJOR issues for a whole day. It was pretty impressive! The list goes on and on. However, with each drug came thoughtful consideration, as well as a back up plan in case of issues.

I, btw, cannot tolerate iodine agents, but not because it causes problems iwth MG--just because I'm allergic!

Good luck.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote