View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default no pain relief

Thankyou for that information. Since I was last on the site I have tried more drugs that have had little effect including morphine for I now have a slipped disk too. The nerve pain is much worse and pain clinics keep changing my medicine which does not help. I have tried duloxetine morphine imipromine and now I am on mirtazapine. I still have chronic pain that is now affecting me in every way including lack of sleep and struggling to cope at work. I have yet another doc appointment as the pain is becoming worse.
I am sick of being put on antidepressants that are supposed to help with chronic pain. My prolapsed disk is not bad enough yet for an operation as I do not have severe enough yet pain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

The DRUGS you are mentioning do not heal neuropathy. They only mask symptoms. Whatever is causing the problems continues, and escalates and the drugs stop working or people cannot tolerate increasing doses.

I invite you to read our PN forum, and subforum, to see the many causes and interventions that may help you find your trigger, and then treat the CAUSE so your nerves may heal. That is the only long range solution available now.

IVIG which is very expensive is used to combat some autoimmune inflammatory fast progressing neuropathies. It is the only DRUG out there with healing potential.

Pain relievers, anti-seizure meds like pregabalin and gabapentin do not change anything, or heal. They mask symptoms only.
hunibuni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote