View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome

Hey Buzz, glad you found us. When I first came here it seemed like there was no one with the ear pain like mine, but lately there have been more similar descriptions. I was diagnosed with inner ear trouble for years before I finally had enough and went to an ENT - did mri of my head and found nothing so then sent to Neuro - process of elimination resulted in the TN diagnosis. I went to 3 different doctors to hopefully get a different diagnosis, but they all agreed. There is a more specific sub-disorder that relates to our ear pain, Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia I think is the term.

My pain is sporadic and very intense when I have an episode. Usually once a month or so and lasts 4 - 8 hours. Outside of right ear and immediately surrounding area is very painful to the touch and if I move my head at all or my mouth it is excrutiating. And along with it I get the deep ice pick stabs intermittently inside the ear. The drug you are taking has helped me cut down on the frequency of the attacks - I started out taking the chewable tabs whenever I had an attack, but a year ago switched to the time release capsules and taken every day it has helped a lot. Have you tried applying heat to your ear? That helps relieve my pain more than anything when I have an attack. Some folks say it makes it worse, but works for me.

Good luck, will see you around.

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-24-2012), EE03 (01-25-2012)