View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Seizures and stroke symptoms

Hello to all. A newbie here. I am very inspired by all the threads I have read so far and thankful that I am not alone!
Heres my story and any input would be great!
I am 40 yr old female. Fit. Healthy.History of Migraines.
1 month ago I was hospitalized for what appeared to be a stroke. I had a migraine for 2 days then started to get worse and went to ER and fainted. When I came too I had lose of speech. left side weekness and very confused. ER doc said he thought I had a stroke but CT was clear. He proceeded to tell us he felt very strongly regardless of CT I was indeed haveing a stroke. He admitted me. Neuro doc runs a battery of test and my EEg was one of the worse he said he had ever seen. Both hemispheres of the brain had seizure activity going on and he couldn't believe that I had not had a grand mal. So he proceeds to ask about the migraines...after much discussion he said that 75% of the time I was describing seizures and not migraines. So I am on Keppra..at home...BUT..I have seizure like activity almost nightly...very dizzy all the time and my head still hurts everyday in the left temporal lobe where all the "bad" pain has always come from. My husband feels the ER doc was right in his thinking I also had a small stroke,...but Neuro disagrees...however neuro can't explain why a very healthy woman all of a sudden can't walk..talk..see...and has seizures! he said the MRI was good...but someone told me that it can take days for a stroke to show up on an MRI...so am I having seizures from a stroke or what the heck else could be going on? I am thinking of going to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio for a 2nd opinion....any help is great as I am VERY frustrated at this point with the medical world! I presented to many docs and ER's over the years just like I did a month ago (not as bad) and was doped up and sent home being told it was a migraine when I KNEW IT WASNT!!!
markrisgold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote