Thread: atlas/axis
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I should mention, i was in a place like you, thinking my neck would never heal. But it is healing very well right now though its not 100%. The thing that helped me the most was the nUCAA chiro, maintaing good posture, and proper strengthening excersices. And keep moving, dont sit infront of a computer for long periods of time, raise your hands above your head lots troughout the day, and dont sit/lay in odd postitions that keep your neck kinked. But most important of all, listen to your body, don't push it. I've learned necks are very unique when it comes to healing from injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postconcussion View Post
Thank you Mark for your opinion.

After my first injury i had PT for months.

I perform daily neck stretches, rotations, and use the heating pad all the time. I started getting a massage once a month and limited any activity that caused my neck to tighten/ strain. I also attempted at home traction, but to be honest it did not work much.

All in all, my neck did not heal completely and my second injury- though not as bad of a concussion, did damage to my neck. I am in extreme pain and at night my neck feels as though it is on fire.

Will my neck ever heal? can I ever prevent the spasms?
My doc said that those spasms are causing my headaches. If I can never heal my neck, will I have these headaches the rest of my life?
Nitro157 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
postconcussion (01-24-2012)