View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank yall all so much!!! I can't tell you how much it means to me to have yalls support/responses!!
After the first IVIG (the loading dose x 3 days) i felt a lot better, but part of me wondered if it was placebo effect as i SOOO wanted it to work, but then around 17 days after the infusion my symptoms started returning and i realized it defintely worked and worked well! then this time - the 2nd IVIG dose 4 days after was the most amazing thing ever!!! I even could run after my kids!!! (my hips have been sooo weak since this all started, I couldn't do the tandem(toe to heel) walk since.. and running - ha.. my hips simply didn't work, it was the strangest thing!! I had the BIGGEST smile on my face when I ran this weekend.. and then got sick : ( boo!
Those of you on immunosuppresants and/or steroids.. what has been yalls experience? Bad side effects? are the side effects worth the improvement in symptoms? I Just LOVED feeling good for the first time in so long, the thought of taking a medicine that make me feel bad I just can't do.. not right now! Do yall prefer steroids or immunsuppresants (one over the other)??
Thanks again, and Mike get well soon! I tell ya getting this virus has made me even more of a germ phobe! I'm praying I dont get the flu this year!!!! Thanks yall! hope yall are all doing ok!!
P.S - yall are wonderful, so glad I found this site!!!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote