Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ok so we just got back and we scared off the substitute vet asking her so many questions, and we didn't get to say bye since she "disappeared" off to an appointment.

To sum it up quickly: her levels are just about the same. Which can be taken good or badly.

So I recorded the past weeks levels and am trying to analyze them and what we should do. The two kidney levels are called Creatanine and BUN (Blood/Urine/Nitrogen) and go as follows:

3/26
BUN 130
CRE 9.7

3/27
BUN >180
CRE 8.4

3/29
BUN 160
CRE 6.7

3/30
BUN 161
CRE 6.4

I found a few people online with pets that had levels similar to these and pulled out of it. They mentioned it took a few weeks to get them back to a somewhat normal range. Just so you all can get an idea, Lucy in October 2006 her normal levels for BUN were 22 and CRE 1.5. Now they are skyrocketed. I hope that they keep going down, but I know that with permanent damage it is just as likely that they stay the same which means Lucy will have to be put down soon. I can't help but hope they keep lowering. She had been vomiting last night, which is not good either and worries me (she is on Maalox & Pepcid now) BUT she looked alot better today and wagged her tail when she saw us. I feel hopeful but I know that the outcome of this is pretty much a 50/50 chance of going either way.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote