View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi Markrisgold,

what you are explaining is very similar to the type of seizure I had when I was pregnant with my first child. i already had a history of epilepsy and had mostly had grand mal seizures but then they seemed to stop during college so sy a four year period then I got married and got pregnant fairly early on and has d this happen. I couldn't talk, couldn't understand what others were saying i was weak, I think I passed out too and when I went to the Dr. they determined it was a migraine and put me on bed rest. I did get a bad headache afterwards. so I was on bedrest for a month before they took me off. Now I think i had several of these and it wasn't until maybe 7-8 years later when I was having what some docs thought were migraines again but were really seizures I went to a neuro in Minneapolis who is now retired and he diagnosed me with complex partial epilepsy. I also do have migraines but they are much different. I had complex partial seizures for quite a few years but then they once again started to go into grand mal seizures. i have an aura but I get confused and stand up and usually say something like the last time i said "Oh s***" waled into another room and hit the floor seizing.

but what you are despcribing does sound a lot like complex partial seizures. i would ofte3n end up paralyzed after and at that point would be conscious and would just not be able to talk or move for about ten minutes and then it would pass. sometimes my hands and feet would go into the most incredible positions and stay that way and they were stuck that way until the seizure was over. there is no way i could ever do those positions normally. Of course I would have great pain from that afterwards.

i agree with Sue that you should see a neurologist whose specialty is epilepsy. Neurologists usually have a sub specialty so the ones that know the most about seizures are epileptologists. and you find them mainly at University Medical Centers although you can also find them at Speicial Neurology centers as well.

good luck to you and taking Vit B12 will help. One good form is a tablet that you put under your tongue and let it dissolve. when it disolves sublingually like that your body can absorb it better. Also sometimes you can find it in a spray and that also absorbs very well. One place to get the spray is Mercola.com. I have no interest in this place and make no money from it i am just giving you a suggestion of where to find this. also Amazon.com has several different brands of the sublingual as well as sprays. I also have nerve damage in my face and neuropathy so my dose is supposed to be at least 5000mcgs. a day. I believe Sue says to take 1000mcg. it's a B vitamin so I don't think it hurts to take more as what isn't used is peed out. (I hope that was ok to say).

take care,
Sara
numbum46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote