View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thank-you again both Sue and Darlene for telling me a little more about your experiences. I have an appt. now set up in March to see a neuro from the epilepsy center at UMC in Tucson. several women I know have said she is good.
My biggest worry is that I have no insurance so I have to pay for the appt, up front. i can do it by March but I have so many bills from my status episode especially the helicopter bill--it's $7,000! they were kind enough to take 2/3's off the first bill but still that is a lot and I will be able to make payments which will help. the lady who made my appt said that any procedure that is done i will be billed for so I will just have to make payments on those as I don't have any money saved. i have had too many hospital bills in the past few years due to my asthma. the reason I don't have a neuro right now is because i am a self pay and just could never afford it. Plus, I was doing pretty well the past several years. it had been 3 years since I had a seizure and I had even just bought a truck and was driving again. sigh. I haven't even been able to get the truck registered because I got sick and then this happened.

I'm hoping that because it was due to not having one of my seizure meds for a week that the neuro will allow me to drive again. i'm sure she will have to do some tests first though to make sure. One thing on my side is that my seizures have only shown up on one EEG in my life and that was back when I was 13 years old. It is difficult for me because i live in a tiny town near the border. i have friends who can drive me to the post office etc. but I hate being such a bother to them. My doc did say I can drive a golf cart so I'm looking into getting a used one. It would of course only be here in town. so I could get to the store or the post office or the gallery where I'm supposed to work 2 days a month but haven't been able to since I had the status episode in Nov. which happened to be at the gallery during a meeting. i am an artist so this has also made painting difficult as I seem to need a lot of sleep since this happened and I moved to a new house less than a month after it happend so i'm slowly trying to get things unpacked and set up. moving causes me stress so i'm flaring with my other illnesses like my FMS so I haven't been able to paint much. But I just got into the studio yesterday9there is a room on this house I can use for a studio so I don't have to go anywhere, which is one reason I moved!

anyway, it is good to know what others are doing for their seizures even if it might not be feasable for me or practical as we are all individuals in what we need to do. but it sure is nice talking to others who have gone through some of the same experiences. So I wanted to thank you guys for responding to my messages.

Take care,
Sara
numbum46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote