View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can you describe to me how weak hips affect you? I mean, how do they make you walk? I ask because after two and a half years, I still can't figure out which muscles are responsible for the different troubles I have walking. I did briefly work with a physical therapist (while I was hospitalized), who thought he knew, but I'm not sure he was right.

As for immunosuppressants: I have been on Imuran for ten months. The good news is that I don't experience any side-effects from it (but talk to Mike (PingPongMan) for a different story--it made him really sick). The bad news is that it isn't helping me, either. My neurologist is sure it's going to kick in any day now, and that it will help me a lot--he says his other MG patients have improved greatly on it. That's very different from the anecdotal impression I have from reading this forum--but I'm willing to keep trying for now.

I just read a study* that said that after three years, the benefits of Prednisone and Imuran were very comparable. It's just that Prednisone works more quickly. My symptoms are not dangerous (I have no trouble breathing), and my eyes aren't affected. Also, my kids are older and I only work part-time from home. For these reasons, I have chosen to try to slower route, because I'm scared of the side-effects of Prednisone.

Abby
*I'm sorry, I can't remember where. If this is important to someone, let me know and I'll see if I can find it
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote