View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info Sue. I will look into the Epileptologist. Never heard of one before so I am interested to see what I learn. As for the hormones and menopause..I had a full hyster over ten years ago..so already been thru the change of life! My hormones I have tested every year and they are good.
Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi markrisgold,

Welcome to the forum! I'm no neuro but I've had seizures for 39 yrs. and strokes can lead to seizures in some cases. My advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) I've seen many neuros, over the yrs. but I've gotten the most help from and Epileptologist and I have found they know much more when it comes to epilepsy and the neurology world.
Just like you I have damage on both sides of the brain the right and left temporal lobe. When you fainted, and couldn't speak as well as the dizziness sounds very much like a possible seizure. I started having migraine headaches which lead to seizures when I was a kid. I've also tried taking keppra but that drug increased my seizures like crazy. You need to go to an Epilepsy Center and see an Epileptologist and have them do testing on you to find out what's really going on. In the mean time start taking vitamin B12 once a day and cut back on cell phone use as well as carbs and starch foods. You are at the age where you may be starting to go through your change and hormones changing can be a big cause of seizures in women. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
markrisgold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote