View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

MzTracey,

It is a terrible experience to be laying in bed with your heart pounding, I do know how this feels.

I have had similar symptoms, but without any pain. I get a rapid heart beat, my chest feels tight, it feels like my heart is beating so hard it is going to pop or something. I talked to my neuro and he didn't think there was any trouble because my blood pressure is normal and I didn't experience this effect while at his office.

I was getting prepared to make appointments to see other doctors, then I figured out what is causing my trouble. For me it is the Mestinon, it makes my heart pound like crazy. Oddly, it didn't always do this for me. When I take Mestinon I also get nervous and shaky, as if I drank too much coffee.

After talking to my neuro, I cut my dosage to 1/8 of a pill, which is 7.5 mg, and that mostly solves the problem.

I did find some studies that show Mestinon can effect the heart although it appears to be a rare side effect (I say this from memory, I haven't recently looked at that information).

I am still wondering if I have another health issue, perhaps thyroid or adrenal related, but I don't know yet. I do think that could be part of mine and/or your trouble.

Maybe this symptoms is aggrivated by one of the drugs you are taking?

I hope you feel better soon.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote