View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I never did the GF breads.... they are really high carb things and not good for your sugar levels.

I did GF crackers, with cheese, salmon, etc. There are many of these. Some made by almond Blue diamond. Chex corn and rice cereals are GF.

There are corn based tortillas too, for roll up type sandwiches.

I liked the Tinkyada pastas the best. They taste the most natural and control your sugars because they are brown rice.
I think it is easier in summer than in cold winter to do GF. Winter temps used to make me crave things! In summer my appetite is much less and salads etc are more satisfying.

There are gluten free pancake mixes now, and Even Bisquick has a GF version! Just remember they are high in calories/carbs.

It is so much easier today than when I did it for 3 yrs!
I'm trying GF. Living off GF rice. Hopefully I don't get allergic to it.

Speaking of food, I read that "Nerve cells consume large amounts of glucose." So does mean failing to eat when you're hungry risks further nerve damage if you already have PN and/or temporary aggravation? They can't work properly/at all if you don't 'feed' them?

My nerves don't seem to work so well when I'm tired and hungry. I used to think it was an adrenal gland issue; now it sounds more like ATP&/glucose.

NeuroLogic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote