View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Wow!

Some very interesting things are being brought to the surface!

Fiona, the Cipro might very well be a factor with the PN. I recall learning this on the PN forum. MrsD might correct me if I'm mixed up on this, but I'm certain that 'some' antibiotics cause PN.

I'm thinking that I am a true blue RSD case after getting more clarity on this thanks to our incredible MrsD
For one thing, RSD alot of times is due to some sort of injury. I've heard cases where even just a stubbed TOE can set it off! It might not even manifest where the actual injury occurred. I was kicked in the hand by a horse and had a very complex hand fracture/surgery. Shortly after, my knees began burning very badly and I blamed this on too much time on a treadmill (I think I got a bit over-ambitious because of the percocet I had to take ) Then it radiated outward (spread) to consume both legs. Now it's in my lower back (the burning). Ever since I had the SCS, I began getting horrible back spasms.
...........................and that HORSE wasn't even MINE!

MrsD mentioned RSD is a form of PN that affects only the sympathetic nerves......this would explain why I got such wonderful relief from the SNB injections. Only lasted 1 day, but oh I thought I was in Heaven - to be reminded what it felt like to feel 'normal' again.
Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting any of this. This is something I've ALWAYS been confused about and never could get straight answer from Drs. It never fails, Neurotalk always seems to come thru for us, moreso than our physicians! I'd venture to say that NT has the most comprehensive study on causes and aides of PN, than any other forum in the world (at least that's easy to comprehend) I've been on 'official' PN/RSD websites that may as well been written in Japanese.

This is all very facinating to me.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fionab (01-27-2012), Mark56 (01-26-2012), ron h (01-26-2012)