Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello Mage Charlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magecharlie View Post
I am strongly considering having a pain pump implanted. *I am on opioids for pain control. *Can someone explain to me the process of weaning off the oral meds when you have a pain pump implanted. Did you have the pump implanted and *then* wean yourself off the morphine? *Or how else does detoxing off your oral meds work?

Thanks for any insights...

Mage Charlie*
Welcome to NT! So glad you found us!
That absolutely IS a good question. Hopefully some of our other pumpers will see this and give input.
The rest of us have SCS's. I'm not sure how they make the medication transition, but I'm pretty sure they would make it as easy for you as possible. There's probably a way they 'overlap' the meds while getting the pump, so you don't suffer withdrawal.

As far as detoxing off meds, Mark56 will have real good insight on that to help you. I hope you stick around so we know how this unfolds for you. I'd like to know more about pain pump experiences. The members who actively posted haven't been here in awhile, but they loved theirs. Maybe the fact that they don't post much anymore means that they have no need for a pain forum if they are doing well with their pumps.

It's sure great to have you!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-25-2012)