View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Mrs D for the good summary of vacines and potential problems. I have been looking about for a definitive answer fo the value of a Zoster shot/vacine, Then this new thread came on and I hope some people have some experience with this problem that they can share. I see the placards at the local large pharmacy within the larger supermarket/restaurant/buffet.....all of which are highly rated. So, I spoke with a freind who also has shingles, but no neuropathy. Therefore he is not in our neuropathy support/self help group. He had tried the shot since his shingles encirleded his midriff and was very painful....he swears that there was no noticable change in the occurance of his shingles! And further thinks that the shot might have increased the repetativity of his own particular case. We both had the chicken pox at about the same age 10-12 yrs of age. about 60 years ago for me and about 50 years ago for him. Mine occurs on the left cheek of my touche....a real pain in the$^....when it reappears. So, I am asking you and any and all others who have had an experience with the shingles & nueropathy and the Zoster shots.
I value your opinion and exemplary research in these Neurotalk Threads.
Thank you,
R.
Robibbie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-26-2012)