View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks stellatum!!
As far as the hip weakness goes.. I knew it felt "funny" in my hips when this all started, I knew i had to waddle like a duck (wide gait for stability and to avoid that "feeling" in my hips... almost a feeling of stiffness/weakness/like they would come out of their sockets).. I would just tell the dr's my hips feel "odd" .. Then one day I tried to run about 20 ft when it was raining to my car, and it was just awkward.. my hips just didn't work like they used to, which used to I never thought about my hips!!! I just wanted to run, I ran! I couldn'tn even run those 20 ft.. couldn't run at all, so i got SOAKED by the time I made it to the car walking .. and walking wierd at that...
I havne't been able to tandem walk (the heel to toe walk the neuros ask you to do) without it feeling "odd' in my hips.. haha i know thats not very discriptive.. but I can't even explain it in words!

Thanks for the info on the immunosuppresants too.. I don't like the idea of suppressing my immune system and possibly increasing the risk of other illnesses while potentially causing side effects.. ugh. .. I can live like this for sure.. but it woudl be nice if the IVIG lasted longer. I do get breathing issues and swallowing difficulty.. when my IVIG wears off..so I may have to try something... I'll talk to my neuro on the 14th and see what they recommend... it's really interesting... and crazy how this all works!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote