View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Carbamazepine - Side Effects?

Hi Everyone,

I just started taking carbamazepine three days ago and I am currently at 600 mg per day (I am going to try 800 mg today). I am wondering what side effects I should expect and if they will diminish as my body adjusts to this medication. Currently I have: dizziness, drowsiness, unsteadiness, increased appetite, fuzzy thinking (about 4 hours after taking medication). I have found that the carbamazipine brings the pain down to a level at which one Advil and one extra strength Tylenol can provide me with with a couple of hours of pain free joy. I am currently "between jobs" but I am concerned about the side affects and how they could interfere with the requirements of a job.

I have just recently been diagnosed with TN and I don't think that I have yet grasped the reality of the situation: I will have this affliction for the rest of my life and therefore will require the meds for the rest of my life. The challenge is to find a balance between the pain and the side effects of the medication. But can I still work even once I find a balance?

Thank you for reading the musings of a newbie.

I wish you all some relief from the pain.

The Buzz
The Buzz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote