View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default BaPressure

I have been doing alot of research on this. I have also been tracking it for about 20 years. I am unresponsive to antidepressants. Recently, I have consulted with doctors and scientists at research hospitals. New and very strong evidence is emerging that people are being diagnosed with depression when in fact, depression is just a symptom of bi product of sensitivity to various other stimuli. I suffer from SADs so badly, I can tell whether the sun is out while in a controlled environment with no access to windows. I can tell instantly when it comes out and when it goes in. Barometric pressure is the same way. It was interesting to hear about a connection with quite a few of you about a back condition. I have spondylothesis, an inherited condition that usually goes undetected unless you injure it. (IE: I strongly suggest if it runs in your family to avoid skydiving, as the only treatment is to maintain some serious back and ab muscles for the rest of your life.) I have had the condition my entire life, and my injury occurred when I was 15. I have never discussed this with doctors.

I also injured my ear when I was probably 9. I have baro-trauma where fluid leaks from the inner ear to the middle ear. When I was younger, it would cause acne like lumps behind my ears that were gross when they would drain. I have never been treated for this.

In addition, I have always had a difficult time breathing through my nose. When I am horizontal, my nasal passages completely close. It is documented that people who breath mostly through their mouth are more prone to low moods.

The docs and scientist I am working with now think this might all be connected. I am going to go have my ears, nose and sinuses worked on. They aren't sure what they are going to do, because they really aren't sure what is going on.

I am 46 and have been to numerous doctors all of my life who said there was nothing wrong with me, go to a shrink and get on an antidepressant. This infuriates me.

It will probably be March before I am able to have the work done, but I will note my calendar to come back and post the outcome!

I know how horrible feeling down, tired, paralyzed, miserable, hopeless, etc. is. I have contemplated moving to the equator to have 12 hours of daylight every day! (haha)

My sincere understanding goes out to all of you.
lsht is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-08-2013), dagma1 (12-19-2013), eva5667faliure (09-30-2013)