View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A new train of thought is that Relapsing Remitting M.S. might be better labeled Relapsing Repairing M.S. Our brains have the power to repair themselves. The longer the brain is able to repair, the better off we are. When it stops repairing, we slide into Progressive forms of the disease. Of course this is a hypothesis that I read about in the Rocky Mountain M.S. Center magazine. But it makes perfect sense to me.

Do the M.S. drugs work? I agree with the above posters....its a crap shoot. If you are feeling better now, you may have felt better with or without the drug....who really knows. However; the studies show that the drugs do help and have a decent track record of slowing any possible progression. It may be a gamble we just have to take and hope for the best!
I have been on Betaseron since 2002. I hate taking the shots and my skin looks like a mine-field of bruises, but I have not progressed since I began the shots, and I have not had any significant relapses. M.S. is still there and trying its best, but I don't seem very much worse off than I was in 2002.

Your question is the same that we have all asked ourselves at one time or another.

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-26-2012), Judy2 (01-30-2012), mochagirl13 (01-26-2012), SallyC (01-26-2012)