View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi jmax-

My girlfriend had ultrasound with multiple arm positions. abduction on both sides produced complete loss of blood flow in both axillary arteries.

Dr. Freischlag is planning only right side surgery, and I'm a little concerned that if the problem is bilateral then this will just drag out the process.

Who is your doc at GWU?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxweg View Post
Just curious what diagnostic tests your girlfriend has had so far. I have bilateral arterial and venous TOS (will be getting partial rib resections on both sides soon). I know Dr. F is outstanding, so I'm sure this isn't the case here, but I know an arteriogram and/or venogram yield much more detailed (and earlier) results than ultrasounds, so I'm wondering if Dr. F ordered these tests for her. I'm on the East coast in the Washington, DC metro area (also near Johns Hopkins), but I found a thoracic surgeon at George Washington University who does the surgery robotically-assisted. I feel that his experience and credentials actually exceed those of Dr. F, so I will be having my surgery with him. I see so many people getting surgery in either California or at Johns Hopkins. There is an outstanding TOS center at Barnes/Jewish-Washington University Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. Has anyone been there? Yes, I'm biased as it's my hometown, but it's a stellar hospital, and if I still lived in the Midwest, I would go there--just curious.
davew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote