View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Somewhat controverially on this this forum, I would defend the Giants players in that I don't think they understand the seriousness of concussion. Most people don't know that PCS even exists, I certainly didn't before I got it, and then found on the internet that this has happened to other people too. Noone I know had ever heard of it before either.

So from their point of view they were just targeting this guy in the belief that they might cause him to be dizzy for a few hours and then fine - no big deal. The problem is with lack of education in sport and society, starting with the neurologists who should be up to date with the evidence and aren't - not with the Giants players.

Maybe I am being over generous to them, and the increased levels of education and awareness of the dangers of concussion in American Football mean that they should have known better, but that's how it seems to me.

One thing's for sure, that guy should not have been playing and should never play again.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote