View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree that less movement has contributed to me gaining more weight, but I have always had a weight problem. It is hard to say if medications add to it or not because it seems that doctor's never start one medication at a time, it is usually 2. How funny though, I am on 3 medications that have a strong side effect of weight loss, loss of appetite......NOT ME though! I guess I will always have to lose it the old fashion way, exercise and watching EVERY morsel that goes in my mouth. But even eating less isn't enough because less movement slows the metabolism.....vicious cycle!!

My thought is less carbohydrates period! They turn into sugar which stores as fat in the body if not used. Fruit, Veggies and protein based foods. Chicken, nuts, beans, peanut butter, cheese (obviously the fattier products have to be eaten in moderation) Here I am giving food advice and I am struggling with my weight, now that is funny. I am a carb addict! But when I did eliminate them I lost 60 lbs. That was drastic though...I have to find a healthy balance.....that is my daily struggle!

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote