View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just a little update...:)

I wanted to post something positive as I continue to struggle with this setback....

I received a call today that I am approved for Long Term Disability. Whew. I also received a call that CT has approved my application for health insurance. Big WHEW! I lost my health insurance for myself and 3 kids when I was terminated from my job a week before Christmas...(aagghh!)

I have my last appt. with the Neuropsychologist tomorrow and hopefully results will follow shortly thereafter....then I can finally be pointed into a direction that will be rehabilitative...I hope.

I have a phone interview 2-1-12 to apply for SSDI...they sent me a checklist and just looking at it seems so overwhelming. I'm trying to take this one step at a time...

Quick question for anyone living in New England: With all of our weather changes as of late, has this had an effect on your symptoms??? We are getting ready to have a rain storm, and I'm just wondering if it may play into my symptoms...(I still say stress)...but barometric pressure changes can wreak havoc as well..no?

Off to bed for me....this week has just worn me out on every level...
thank you to all of you who offer your support...I truly appreciate it

July 21, 2010, one month after starting my new job I sustained a concussion after standing up quickly from a sqatting position and subsequently being impaled by the corner of a metal filing cabinet in to the left side of my skull. Dx. Post Concussive Syndrome.

Female, 45 years young
Mom of 3 boys (22,19,10)..Registered Nurse 16 years

Symptoms: Vertigo, difficulty concentrating, unable to multitask, fatigue, severe transient headaches..severity and location change frequently, anxiety, PTSD, tinnitus, "electrical like sensations" across the top of my head, "hot flashes", numbness and coolness to hands (worsens in A/C), very poor recall ability, processing and comprehension, difficulty finding words and completing thoughts, short term memory is awful.

~I will never give up on myself~

~I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them...I know they would do the same for me <3
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-26-2012)